Blog Archive

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Good Morning!

I've been up all night working on my Zazzle store. I'm close to 700 products now, slowly but surely! I'm supposed to go out with a friend later in the afternoon, but I don't know how I am going to have the energy. My Zazzle addiction is getting the best of me.

So if you haven't heard yet, they are changing the name of the Sears Tower in Chicago, IL to the Willis Tower (Sears Tower name change has few Chicago fans). I was pretty upset to hear this news. I don't think it's right to change something as iconic as the Sears Tower.
What is your take on the situation, and will you make the name change, too, or will you continue to call it the Sears Tower? Please speak up and leave comments. I'd like to know everyone's take on this situation.

5 comments:

Akum said...

Amen to you....

Anonymous said...

I personally don't care, not being from or around Chicago, but WTH is Willis. Everyone, I think, knows Sears but personally I've never heard of Willis. I think I'd still refer to it as Sears Tower.

Jasmine said...

Tom-
Thanks for the input!
I am not from the Chicago area either, but I'm living here now and I have had the opportunity to visit it so maybe that's why I feel a little bit stronger than someone who hasn't been here. I just don't see how can you change an icon like that. I mean, what if someone bought the rights to Spongebob or the Statue of Liberty. It's just something that everyone knows and wouldn't be right to change.

Anonymous said...

That sort of thing should be left ALONE. I am a Jersey boy, just out side N.Y.C.. If the Empire state building was going to be renamed because some jackwad just purchased it, I would go all sorts of King-Kong on that building!

Jasmine said...

Thank you for your feedback Steve. :) I totally agree with you. It's just something that should always stay the same. Why fix it if it's not broken?