Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Crock-Pot Chicken Recipe

I experimented with my Crock-Pot again last night. I'm not exactly sure what the name of this dish is, because there are so many different variations. The three main ingredients I used were chicken breasts, cream of mushroom soup and cornbread stuffing.

My Crock-Pot is small and it's only setting is low, so keep that in mind when making this dish yourself.
I took two boneless skinless chicken breasts and set them on the bottom of the stoneware. I also sprinkled some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top.


You want to mix about two cans of cream of mushroom soup in a bowl with milk, but be careful not to make it too runny. I like to keep it thick. After you have your mixture, lay this on top of the chicken breasts. I made the mistake of only using one can, and after it had been cooking for awhile it evaporated and I added in the second can later.


After you put your soup on top, put in a box of your favorite flavored stuffing. I used cornbread.
It barely fit in my little Crock-Pot, and I'm sure if I had started off with two cans of soup I really wouldn't have been able to fit it in. I also put about a tablespoon of butter on top of the stuffing.


While the dish cooked, I stirred the stuffing a little bit so it could get moist. I didn't stir until about an hour and a half after it started cooking, and I only stirred it once in awhile. You don't want the stuffing to be too wet and mushy, but you definitely don't want it too dry. I wasn't even sure how long I should cook it for. I put it on about 12 in the afternoon and unplugged it when Dan came home at 6:30 for dinner. I think it could have been completely ready within 5-6 hours.


We weren't sure how to get everything out of the dish, so we just scooped it out. The chicken was delicious and it just fell apart. The stuffing and soup mixed together was AMAZING. I would definitely make this again and I think it's on the list of one of our favorite dishes.

No comments: