Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Midnight Snack

A couple of hours ago Dan and I decided to experiment with a few things and come up with a new food.
We don't have a name for it, but I think we decided that we like it. You can click on the photos to make them larger.

Basically, I sliced up some tomato and laid it flat on a piece of pita bread.
I covered it in our leftover Mexican cheese from taco night and some feta cheese on top. It kind of looks like a pizza without the sauce or pepperoni.





We set the oven for 350 degrees Fahrenheit and let it cook until the cheese melted. This is how it looked when we pulled it out of the oven.







We cut it up and dipped it in Garlic Expressions.


The only negative about this snack was the taco cheese. We were only using what we had on hand, but I think next time we make this we're going to try it with mozzarella and Parmesan.
I think it makes as a nice snack or a light lunch. I even suggested to Dan that it could be served at parties as an appetizer. It was fun to make. I love trying to create my own foods. :)

2 comments:

Akum said...

Looks like a pizza... But tasty too. Last time i experiment someone had to visit the doctor.. LOL.. Have a great day ahead

Jasmine said...

Yeah, definitely looks like a pizza. But I think it is a little healthier for you.
Oh no! I've never ended up in the doctor's office for experimenting with food. That's too funny.
You have a great day as well!