Blog Archive

Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Places, New Faces

Dan's birthday was yesterday, but we didn't have time to catch up with each other between our work schedules. Tonight we went out to dinner at Jameson's Charhouse. We had never been there before so we decided to give it a try. I've read and heard from people that it wasn't as good as Outback, so I had to see for myself.

The first thing I noticed upon walking in was their atmosphere. Definitely nicer than Outback and significantly more elegant.

 

Someone greeted us at the door and walked us over to our table. We looked over the menu while we waited for our waitress to arrive and take our orders. When she came over we ordered our drinks and our meals. Dan ordered a half slab of ribs with a side of fries and chicken noodle soup. I ordered the shrimp fettuccine alfredo and a side salad. The last time we visited Outback we ordered those same main entrees.
The waitress took our orders to the kitchen and came back with a fresh loaf of bread. The bread was great, but definitely not the same as Outback's pumpernickel. We also received our soup and salad and got started on that. I think we waited a good twenty minutes until our meals came out. I have to say the food looked great when it was brought out, but my experience was less than that. The noodles and sauce were delectable, but the shrimp wasn't very good. I thought it tasted kind of fishy. This dish didn't have the spices that the other had. I think I got more food for my money at Outback as well. Though the service was great and the waitstaff was friendly, I don't think I'd pay another visit.
It was nice to try a new place anyway. :)

I made my first sale for the month.



Thanks!! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday tomorrow. I will be selling tickets all day to the new Alice in Wonderland. I can't wait to go see it myself! If any of you happen to see it before me, let me know how it was.

No comments: