Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ironic Word Verifications

Well, I wasn't sure what I was going to blog about today and then something weird happened to me when I was looking at Joanne Casey's I Have Seen the Whole of the Internet blog. I frequently visit her blog and comment on her posts, but today's experience was a little creepy.
The post I was viewing was titled Staticky Cat and featured a cat named Nosey who was having some balloon issues.
I went to comment on how cute the video was and after I was finished I went to fill out the word verification to prove myself human. The word I needed to type was gatos. Those of you who are a little rusty on your Spanish, gato is Spanish for cat. It sounds exaggerated, made up or even crazy, I know. So I took a screen shot (this entry would be pointless without one, yes?) Click on the photo for a larger view.


I've had some ironic word verifications, but not anything close to that. Now I'm wondering, how often do other people run into word verifications like this? How did the word verification know I was watching a kitty video? Is it the government? A master spy, perhaps? Some say the word verification is the eighth wonder of the world. I don't know, and I am unsure that the world will ever unveil it's strange behavior. But for now, I am definitely weirded out!

Now a sales update. My entry is never complete without it. :)


2 comments:

melissa said...

I get some weird ones too. the one today about chris lied was the weirdest.. I had to ask him when he got home wht he lied about .But he assured me nothing.. and looked at me like I was nuts.. haha Thanks for commenting my blog.. I love comments.

Jasmine said...

Haha. I swear, they know what we're doing.