Blog Archive

Friday, March 19, 2010

Day Off + Nice Weather = Fun and Photos!

Yesterday was gorgeous! It was sunny and warm with a little cool breeze. It was great walking weather. I didn't make it downtown, but I did go on an eight mile walk. I put on my walking shoes and just headed out for the whole day. I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked to, but I did get a few just to remember the day. You can click on any of the photos to see an enlarged version.

I absolutely love old buildings and historic Bloomingdale is a great place to visit. I've hung around there many times. It's just something that never gets old (no pun intended). I will definitely miss this when we move this summer.


I'm not really sure what the story behind this street sign is, but I always notice it when we drive past it.


After a little over six miles of my walk, I headed into Steak 'n Shake to grab a quick (unhealthy) snack.


Beautiful sunset over the pond towards the end of the trip.

 


After that long day you'd think I'd come home and pass out. I had to go to the store, do laundry and then Dan and I went bowling with a couple of friends.

The day felt productive at least. I'm glad I didn't spend it just sitting around my apartment. It's always nice to get out and get some fresh air, even if you have no destination. Those are always the best times.
They are calling for snow soon. I hate when the weather changes like that on me. It messes up my body and I usually catch a cold or something.

Now it's time to go back to work. I'll have more playtime on Sunday and Monday. 
I should have a fun post Sunday or Monday morning. Dan and I just bought a brand new Crock-Pot from Meijer and we're going to play with it either Saturday or Sunday. Does anyone have any good recipes for cooking in a slow cooker? It's a 1.5 quart.

Hope everyone has a happy Friday! I will be back soon. :)

No comments: