Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Getting Free Ringtones

One of my favorite things to do with my cell phone is to have customized ringtones for all of my friends so I know who is calling when my phone is in another part of my apartment.
Most newer cell phones have the option to have a different ringtone for each contact. The only setbacks are that there isn't always a wide variety of tones to choose from and they are very expensive.
After a great deal of research, I discovered myxer.com. This site allows you to use music you already have saved on your computer (from downloading, saving CDs to your computer, etc.) and make your own ringtones.

Just follow these simple steps:
1. Go to http://www.myxer.com/ and click MAKE YOUR OWN at the right side of the page.
2. Upload a song from your computer and click UPLOAD.
3. Pick the section of the song you want as the ringtone and how long you want it to be.
4. Enter your mobile phone number.

There may be standard and other carrier charges, especially if you don't have text messaging as a part of your cellular plan. The ringtones come to your phone in the form of a text message.


I just wanted to share that little tidbit with all of you. :)
I have to go to work in a few hours. :(
Let me know how the site works out for you, or if you have any questions.

No comments: